Full Head - Vacuum
· This category of products are designed to fit Alopecia clients perfectly (who have no hair) and create a vacuum seal, giving security and comfort.
· Requires a plaster mold and base submits to assure a perfect fit. Extended delivery time due to precision techniques required (usually 10 to 12 weeks – no rush orders)
· PLASTER CAST is required. The cast must be well constructed.
· A HIGH DENSITY FOAM HEADBLOCK will be created and a vacuum formed, semi-rigid, fitting cap will be created and sent to you for a “trial fitting” onto the client. This assures that the finished product will have a perfect, comfortable and secure vacuum fit. All this is done, and controlled, in our production facility in California.
· HAIR: We use only the finest, hand selected and blended Caucasian hair (unless specific ethnic hair is requested). Since the design of these product is perfectly suited for hair with cuticles (because all the hair is implanted root end into the scalp) this minimizes matting and tangling with natural cuticle hair. We do not use Indian processed hair or synthetic fiber for these products.
· TAYLORMADE inventories its own natural Caucasian hair (usually in the form of braids or pony-tails), hand selects the hair for each order to closely match the requested color and texture and then blends the hair to create a beautiful finished product. Again, this is done, and controlled, in our production facility in California.
· BASE: Unique two layer “skin” material. The outer layer is surgical silicone, custom colored for scalp tone. This is the same material used for medical prosthetic skin. It resists dye absorption so product can be recolored when needed. The inner layer is hi-tech, hypo-allergenic polyurethane for sealing the hair roots and creating a smooth and durable surface on the inside. This combination creates a flexible “rubberized” base. The thickness of the base material is carefully controlled to optimize the lift of the hair to re-create a natural appearance and hair direction. The edges of the base are tapered to meet the wearers scalp.
Note: We also offer an all silicone base and a thinner version of our two layer base. (The thinner base is available for top of the head applications only - up to ¾ size - and up to Medium Light density only.)
· IMPLANT: 140,000 hairs implanted one to two hairs at a time by hand (hence the term “Implant). This means the hair comes right out of the “scalp”, re-creating the look found on a human scalp. The angle and direction at which the hair is implanted is carefully controlled and creates the requested style and flow. This is a very time
consuming and artistic creation. Our overseas production
facility has handled this precise work for
more than 30 years and was trained
by Greg Taylor personally.